Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happy Healing

Hi all - just back from a visit with my parents.  Mom had foot surgery and is recovering nicely.  I helped her for three days with cleaning, cooking and laundry while she watched HGTV - we love that channel, especially House Hunters and Property Brothers!

Here's the card I made for her:

Happy feet

Jayne had done a Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group a few weeks ago using polaroids and angles in the challenge. I had so much fun with them, I just had to use them again for this card.  I used a Hero Arts card base stamped in the corners with a flower from a Hero Arts/Sizzix set called Floral and Soft Pool ink.  The band-aid and foot stamp are from Crackerbox Palace, just purchased a couple weeks ago at a stamp expo.  Inside it says "Hope you're back on your feet soon".  I watercolored the band-aid and feet using a friend's pencils - not even sure which brand.  The little green polaroid frame came in a package of 15 by Studio Calico - just darling - love these! 

Hope you're having a lovely day and had time for some crafting!  I haven't had any time this past week so hope to get some projects started soon!!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, this card is so fun, Heather! Perfect for giving your mom a smile! Glad to hear she's recovering nicely! I love House Hunters too - especially the International ones! :)

sheila said...

this is such an adorable image!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is just so adorable and fun, Linda! I remember those cute stamps from when you bought them and I love what you've done with them! Your colouring is wonderful and I love your design! The subtle floral corners look so pretty!

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is recovering well and I'm sure she really appreciated all your help:) I love House Hunters too and now I must look out for Property Brothers too!

Dawn T said...

how adorable Linda. Glad to hear your Mum is getting better. What a great daughter to go and help out.

Cat Craig said...

Such a fun get well card. love it!

Brenda said...

Oh Linda, you are cracking me up with this awesome fun card! Your Mom is going to get a kick out of it, no pun intended!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Wonderfully fun! Your Mom will love it!

Maureen Morton said...

This is too darn cute and so perfect! Your coloring is over the top amazing, too. What a fun card full of love. Nice that you could help out - no pussyfooting around it.