Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Another Scramble, another Christmas card done!!

It was Scramble time again, our 99th, over on the Hero Arts Flickr Group.  Natalie had the fun theme of using older Hero Arts stamps.  I should be embarrassed -- I used a set from 2011 that I bought then but hadn't used until today!  Here's my card:

Joy tree

The older stamps were CG466 Be Jolly - such a fun background I've used many times - and CL547 Happy Holidays - that's the one I'd not had a chance to use before and it's sooooo cute!  I stamped Be Jolly tone on tone with Festive Berries Distress ink and then added the JOY from Happy Holidays in Pine Needles ink.  Tied a May Arts ribbon around and popped it up with foam tape onto a green card base stamped tone on tone with the Tiny Ink Spots background - that's not a Christmas stamp at all but a fun one from 2012.  Added some gems and the stamped Christmas tree that I fussy cut and added a gem star from Doodblebug.   Now all I need is a sentiment inside and another Christmas card is done - yay!  I'll never get enough for my card list but I've got more than usual.  I will use Hallmark cards once the handmade ones run out....

Hope you're having a crafty day!  Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a gorgeous Christmas card, Linda! The hot pink background is beautiful and I love the way you've combined the ribbon and pretty Christmas tree! Perfect bow by the way! Well better late than never, Linda, and no doubt now you've got it inked up you'll use that cute set again and again!