Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Wedding Couple

Happy Sunday! I've been making so many penguin Christmas cards, it almost felt funny making something else!! Well, I need a wedding card for my cousin Ryan and his bride Katie. They married in June at a destination wedding in Florida with a small group. The rest of us will celebrate at a family and friends event later this summer. So here's my card:

Wedding couple

Supplies: DCWV shimmer cardstock, Bazzill Bling cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle paper, 
Tattered Lace "Couple" die, Hero Arts - Best Wishes stamp set, May Arts ribbon

I went shopping at Anchor Paper Express in Roseville MN (a fave place to visit) yesterday and found this fabulous Wedding March 12x12 paper from LYB; it's a heavy weight, high quality paper - perfect for my wedding card. Also bought the May Arts metallic mesh ribbon there too - Anchor carries a huge supply of May Arts and I rarely leave without a few yards of something! The Couple die was a find at that stamping expo a few weeks ago - I cut it using Bazzill Bling cardstock. The sentiment is from a fun Hero Arts clear set called Best Wishes. And here's the inside:

Wedding Congrats inside

I used the left 4" of the Wedding March paper and stamped the sentiment from the same Hero Arts set. The champagne glasses and hearts are from the set too. You can see a bit of my MISTI along the border - love, love, love this tool and I find myself using it as a work surface too - I bought a couple pads of Simon Says Stamp grid paper to protect the MISTI foam lining and it really helps with lining things up (even though this photo's a bit crooked).

Anyway, I'm all set for the festivities! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: