Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Some Hero Arts tags by Lia

Happy Monday everyone! It's not my Monday off but I did take a day off work. The chorus with which I sing, City of Lakes Chorus, performed midday for a senior citizens' group. They were having an early Veterans' Day luncheon with us as entertainment (doing some of our Rosie the Riveter package), then a speaker from the Historical Society. On the corners of the stage they displayed mannequins wearing WWII service uniforms - so cool. We had a wonderful time singing and I even had some MC lines and sang in a "pick up" quartet - two of my old Chord Company members and the bass from StarBurst quartet. The audience loved it all and we were delighted to honor the veterans there.

I made a quick card this morning but I'm having trouble uploading! Instead, I'll share a card I made on Saturday to add to my Christmas stash, using new Hero Arts items I just received. Their new Lia tag dies were a big hit and my order had to wait for a fresh supply - yay for Hero Arts! And thanks again for the goodies!! I adored all three Lia tag sets when I spotted them in the holiday catalog and couldn't wait to receive them. Here's my card:

Joyful tidings
Supplies
Hero Arts: DC166 Merry & Bright Tag Set by Lia (die), DC167 Joyful Tidings Tag Set by Lia (sentiment). DI087 Spring branch, CG685 Hand Drawn Snowflakes Bold Prints, light pool layering paper, Soft pool ink Other: Ranger Princess Gold ep, May Arts ribbon, Stampin' Up CS, 
vellum, American Crafts glitter paper.

When I die cut the tag from the pool panel, I left it inlaid and topped it with a green one that I cut from the other half of my sheet of green used for the card base. I stamped the sentiment and gold embossed it. When I saw the leaves on the tag, I thought they'd work well with Hero's Spring Branch die. I die cut it from vellum and snipped it into two pieces, tucking the ends behind the tag. I covered the opening with a bit of glitter paper and added the bow to make it look like a hanging ornament. Then I popped the whole pool panel onto the card base. Both the pool panel and the card base were stamped with the Hand Drawn Snowflakes - love this 6x6 cling stamp!! I'm submitting this to the current Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge.

My next Saturday fun was to play in a card Scramble hosted by my friend, Heather. She had a fun theme recognizing Hero Arts' achievement as a "green" company. We had to make a tag and include something recycled! A Scramble lasts 90 minutes but I knew I'd only have 60 due to a memory service I was to attend. Here's my quick tag:

Tag with recycled element
Supplies
Hero Arts: DC166 Merry & Bright Tag Set by Lia (sentiment), DC167 Joyful Tidings Tag Set by Lia (die)
red gems; Other: Copic marker (to shade the leaves), sequins, White gel pen, 
Embossing ink & white ep, recycled Hallmark card (behind the tag)

Thanks for a great Scramble, Heather! And thanks to you for stopping in today! I'll post today's card as soon as I can get it uploaded. Happy crafting!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

i love both your card and the tag - especially how you inlaid the tag on the card - just rec'd one of the tag sets and have yet to play with - think i'll try that technique. sounds like your musical group is so fun - bet the audience loved the show.

~amy~ said...

Your projects are so pretty! Love those tags!
Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!