Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Christmas Word Challenge

I'm back with another challenge to my friend Heather - only one left after this!

Challenge #8 - make a Christmas word the focal point

I really had fun with this one because it was so simple. I die cut the word on the Silhouette. The word was all one cut with the O containing a snowflake but I wanted a more elaborate one. I decided to put a die cut circle and snowflake over the existing O in the design for more contrast. Popped it onto a stitched rectangle and a card - done! Here's the card:

Joy snowflake

Supplies: Paper - the Paper Studio Old World Christmas; Neenah Solar White, the Paper Studio Christmas glitter, card from stash by unknown - I bought them individually at a stamping store in my hometown (I have lots of yummy colors!)
Dies - Silhouette Design ID #110035 Joy Phrase, circle and snowflake dies by unknown,
My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle)
Other - foam tape

I really liked the green patterned paper - the brocade look of it appealed to me. The snowflake was another one Heather sent me - thanks again, Heather!! It may take me a while but I make use of everything my friends send me.

Merry Monday has used this as a challenge in the past so I'm adding my card to Lori's summer link-up. The Merry-makers will be back in September with more Christmas card challenges. I appreciate them even more for all their hard work each week, after doing these challenges to Heather!! I appreciate Heather thinking up challenges for me this summer too. I can't wait to see what she dreams up for me this week and what she creates with my challenge - whenever she can get to it, no rush!!

Thanks for stopping and enjoy your day!

5 comments:

!neke said...

Great card Linda !!!!

Ineke X

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda.

Betty said...

wonderful card Linda - looking forward to MM again soon - i have been lazy with the christmas cards this summer so will be great to get back in the groove

Karen L K said...

Great idea with the word & the snowflake for the O. Very nice.

Greta said...

Wonderful, elegant card--love that brocade paper!