Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Scramble with a Tree

Hi everyone - I'm the hostess for a Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr group (24 hr addition ends 11/13/16 at 8 a.m. PST). My theme: create a Holiday card with a tree on it. I thought it would be nice for participants to have a theme meeting the current Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge. Feel free to join in, if you're interested!

Here are my two sample cards:

Merry Christmas shaker
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sea Mix Layering Paper & acetate, Neenah Solar White, 
Paper Studio Glitter, BoBunny Tis the Season(green patterned for tree)
Stamps - Hero Arts CG697 Blizzard Bold Prints, CL997 Color Layering Snowy Tree
October My Monthly Hero (Santa in sleigh with reindeer - set sold out)
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, & Picket Fence; 
Ranger Archival Watering Can (Wendy Vecchi)
Other - foam tape, Darice and Target sequins
(Note - the sequins were too cupped and wouldn't shake very well so I took them out later!)

Layered Tree
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Foliage Layering Paper, BoBunny Tis the Season 6x6; American Crafts glitter
Other - Foam Tape, Doodlebug star gem

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're making progress on your holiday cards!! I think I have enough and was even able to donate 10 cards to the charity auction at my former workplace.


5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh Cool! Linda your cards are so pretty and festive. I love a bold tree card. And, I am so happy I got on my laptop early today so I can pop over and play along.

LaVon Hall said...

Both of your card are such a treat. Love them both.

Greta said...

I love trees & these cards are really neat with such big trees for the focal points! I thoroughly enjoyed the Scramble & now I get to enter a second card in the HA challenge which might not have happened otherwise. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda I really love the first one, such a pretty scene.

Dawn T said...

What a great theme for the scramble. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to play along. The day was just too busy and when we got back from son's birthday BBQ, I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch for 2hrs... then spent an hour on the phone to daughter... but I am going to challenge myself sometime this week to do this one!