Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Easter cards for Cards for Hospitalized Kids

Ash Wednesday already today and though Easter's over a month away,  it'll be here before we know it! Time to get some Easter cards ready for Cards for Hospitalized Kids. My goal was to make four cards a day starting Saturday until I hit twenty cards. Well, I made four the first day, eight the second day, zero the third day (Merry Monday), and eight yesterday - phew!! Here they are in a pile:

Easter cards
Supplies: Core'dinations A2 pastel cards; various patterned papers - Authentique, Penny Black, BoBunny; Michael's Reflections value card stock for the die cuts; Michael's and Hobby Lobby dimensional Easter stickers, Target felt stickers
Stamps - Hero Arts CL498 Celebrate Every Day (sentiment on many); other sentiment used was a Hero Arts/Archiver's exclusive Easter set - retired)
Dies - Spellbinders S4-128 Nestabilities Lacey Squares & S4-425 Elegant Ovals; MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 20

I wanted something simple that I could mass produce quickly and most were the version of card base, strip of patterned paper, stamped sentiment, die cut with sticker. I just couldn't resist the sweet dimensional stickers I found at both Michael's and Hobby Lobby. HL had 40% off their Easter stuff when I went in there on Saturday so I added to the stash I'd already picked up at Michael's - somehow I foresee a trip back there for more... Target also had some fun felt stickers in their $1 bins. The scalloped Easter Greetings image (2nd card in row 3 and far right in row 4) is the from the Hero Arts/Archivers exclusive set - love this set and use it for many Easters. The peeking bunny image (you can just see it towards the top of the card in row three) is also in that set & has found his way onto many an Easter card over the years. If interested, check out this card or this card from 2010 to see him in action.

All I need to do is write a message in each card and pop them in the mail. The charity likes to get the cards at least two weeks ahead of the holiday so I'm well ahead of that schedule! Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a crafty week!!

4 comments:

Betty said...

WOW!!! the kids will be so thrilled with these darling cards - must check out the Target bins!

snappy scrappy said...

Awesome job...LOVE them all!

Greta said...

What darling cards, Linda! Love the sweet images & colors!

Rosemary said...

wow, wow, wow!! what an amazing set of cards, linda!! these will definitely bring smiles to many faces!!