Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Merry Monday Color challenge - red, green, and white

Hi everyone - it's another Merry Monday and time for Deanne's color challenge #241 to use red, green & white on your Christmas card. Hard to believe Deanne is using these traditional colors but it's true! The actual post on Merry Monday hasn't gone live for some reason, but I got the inspiration photo and the challenge info from the Design Team members' blogs - pretty clever of me, eh? (Updated Monday night since the post is online & the link is now available!)


I decided to go with a poinsettia because I just bought this Spellbinders set on sale at Hobby Lobby and couldn't wait to try it! The woodgrain vellum is totally white but the green shows through for a cool effect.

Seasons Greetings poinsettia
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Textured Green & Classic Crest Solar White, 
Recollections (Michael's brand) red and two shades of green, Hero Arts PS766 Decorative Woodgrain Vellum
Dies - Spellbinders S5-055 Layered Poinsettia & Elegant Ovals, MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle
Sentiment stamp - Hero Arts CM100 Christmas Messages
Ink - Hero Arts Red and Green Inks, Tim Holtz Distress Ink -Pine Needles
Other - red metal nailhead stickers

That's it for today. I'm off to practice chorus music as usual. We had a fabulous 4 hr coaching session yesterday with Sandy M. who always brings us something new - the latest, bubbling into a bottle of water with a straw (much like we did as kids to be a pain). Seems this technique has been used for voice therapy and helps your singing voice too! She also stressed proper body alignment - something I have to correct! Does anyone else find themselves slouching over their crafts like I do? Straighten up - that's the word from the coach - and keep those ears lined up with your shoulders!

It's Day 27 of Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I've managed to color something everyday - I'm so proud! Will share more of that later in the week. Thanks for stopping and I hope you're having a wonderful day!


18 comments:

Karen L K said...

Very nice! The poinsettia and leaves look nice and that oval with the greeting is nice too. Weird that when I click on Merry Monday I keep getting last weeks bell challenge. I thought it was weird that the new challenge wasn't there but obviously it is because your found it.

Karen L K said...

Oops now I read more of your post more carefully and I clicked on Deanne in your post. So something did not work right and it's not just me.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Jean said...

Lovely, elegant card! Have fun at your practice!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your oval die cuts and the woodgrain background Linda. Pretty Christmas card. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Cindy C. said...

Great classic look, and so elegant! I love that you have multiple shades of green on your card Linda.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous, gorgeous card, linda!!! the poinsettia is beautiful and I really like the way the green card base gives the woodgrain vellum a slightly different look!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love that frame. Thanks for always playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Joan B said...

beautiful

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning! Perfect card for this week's challenge!

Darnell said...

Your card is a classic beauty, Linda! I love the effect of the green showing through the pretty woodgrain vellum and your NBUS poinsettia!!

Thank you for the reminder to straighten up! I was a secretary for a hunnert years and so proud of how I sat straight as a board (although I would cross my legs or sit on them - still do - which is not good) even as I got older. Now, however, I find myself slumping more and more until by the end of the day, I'm as round as I am high!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

A beautiful poinsettia, Linda! I'm glad to see the woodgrain vellum on a card. It does look cool. Something else to add to my list!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card Linda! I love that frame and your woodgrain background...both just perfect for your lovely Poinsettia! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Merry Monday!! :0)

Greta said...

I love poinsettias & oh my goodness--this is one gorgeous card, Linda!

Rebecca-Jo Unwin said...

This is a very pretty card Linda, I love it

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, your poinsettia is gorgeous and I love the woodgrain background. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Haha - it's true, it is strange that I would pick traditional colours :) Beautiful card Linda! LOVE that poinsettia!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Hurrah--congrats on the HM, Linda! I love this card!