Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Winter Scene

Welcome to another Merry Monday post! Kathy's challenge - create a scene on a Christmas card.


I enjoy creating scenes and have a bunch of stamp sets designed for scenes. Instead, I wanted to give some love to a favorite Paper Smooches set. Here's my card:

Snowman with cardinal and trees scene
Supplies: Stamps - Paper Smooches Warm Hearts
Hero Arts CG697 Blizzard Bold Prints and CM119 Holiday Cheer (sentiment)
Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Pop-tone Black; scraps of BoBunny, Authentique, & the Paper Studio
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 18 & 21; Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders

I stamped the quartet of trees image twice on a piece of white card. Then I stamped two more tree images on Post-it notes and cut them out for masks. I masked the trees, plus the bottom of the card with more Post-its. I stamped the blizzard and removed the masks. Next I stamped the tree image on various patterned paper scraps and cut out the tree tops. Adhered them to the trees stamped on the white card and colored the trunks, plus shaded a bit with Copics. Using a second piece of white card, I cut a scalloped border and adhered below the trees. Then I die cut the entire panel with a pierced rectangle, matted it in black, and adhered to a white top fold A2 card. Cut and stamped the sentiment banner and adhered to the "snowbank". Then I stamped the snowman and cardinal on a scrap of white card, fussy cut and colored them. Adhered them to the panel with foam tape. Finally, I added Stickles to the heart. When I bought this stamp set in Arizona over a year ago, the store didn't have the matching dies. Finally went to Simon Says Stamp and ordered them today with some other "must-haves" - LOL.

Oh no - crafty catastrophe - as I cleaned up, somehow (truly I don't know how) I smeared the Stickles. Tried to get them back onto the heart but some stayed stuck to the snowman - boo, hoo. I usually try to "make it work" but today I just stamped and colored another snowman. I also stamped extras of the snowman and cardinal for another card later in the week.

Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by the Merry Monday Design Team! Have a wonderful week!!

20 comments:

Karen L K said...

So cute! What a fun snowman & the trees too!

Nonni said...

Such a sweet stamp set you are using! I especially love how you did the sky. This card has so many cute details!

Jean said...

Absolutely wonderful choices - paper, color, images! One of my favorites as well.

Betty said...

how cute linda - papers, little bird, snowman - all darling - and great sky too!

Rosemary said...

what a fun and whimsical little scene you created, linda!! fabulous take on the challenge!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!!

Lin said...

Love this, Linda, with all the patterns! Absolutely darling, especially with that little red bird!

Linda said...

What a fun, festive card Linda. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Judy1223 said...

Linda, this is an adorable scene! I am in love with your paper-pieced trees...I wish I was that snowman! What a fun place to be!

Chris said...

Brilliant making a stamping to create your fabulous little scene! Lovely colours and papers too, fabulous card!
Chris
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

a gorgeous card, saw your card on Merry Monday Christmas Challenge. Marlene

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

WONDERFUL winter scene, Linda! Thanks so much for playing with us again at Merry Monday Christmas Card challenge this week!

Greta said...

Oh wow--one of my favorite cards, Linda! This is so cute & the design is wonderful!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely adorable card Linda...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Bonnie said...

This is such a sweet scene, Linda! And a fantastic way to use snippets of decorative paper!

Majorelle said...

Hello Linda! I love your funny snowman! A great card! And thanks for all your interesting explainations about how you made this pretty card.

stampingandstitching said...

ADORABLE card, Linda! Love the wonderful scene you have created! The snowy sky is gorgeous (brilliant job on the masking) and I love the variety of pretty trees! Super cute snowman too!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Such a cute card, Linda!!! Love how you did the trees especially. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

Cindy C. said...

Such cute scene, love those paper pieced trees against the snowy sky!!

Notes by Nina said...

So adorable, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.