Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sharing Handmade Kindness

Hi all - hope you're enjoying the weekend! It's a bit gloomy today and we had a huge thunderstorm around 2p but I sang at Como Park with the City of Lakes Chorus and several other area Sweet Adelines choruses. We had a great time and the weather cleared up for our Harmony Explosion.

Today, I'm sharing a card made for a card drive.

Burger Birthday
Supplies: Paper - DCWV mocha A2 card, Neenah yellow, brown and Solar White, scrap of Michael's green, 
Studio Calico Here & There 6x6 pad (orange patterned)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day and CL754 OWH Dude (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts star, My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 and 13
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape, Michael's star gems, Silhouette for the Birthday (font ?)

Jacob Priestley, a young man suffering a terminal illness, will celebrate his 15th birthday on August 28th. My sister Tami (who's birthday happens to be on the 28th too) spotted Jacob's story on ABC 15 in Phoenix. He's trying to receive 100,000 birthday cards to raise his spirits and also awareness of his condition in hope of a cure. Tami shared the story with me because she knows we card makers love to share handmade kindness. I also posted the information on the Hero Arts Flickr group here and have heard from some members that they plan to send a card. So easy for us to do and it brings such joy to the recipient!

If you're interested in sending a card to Jacob, here's the address:

Jacob Priestley
PO Bx 855
Queen Creek AZ 85142

That's it for today. I'll probably be back tomorrow with a card for Merry Monday's summer link-up. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

the perfect card for a young man, linda!!

Betty said...

am sure Jacob will enjoy your great card, Linda - i'll have to see what i can figure out for a 15 year old bday card!

Greta said...

Darling card for a kid, Linda! So sad, but great to at least give him some joy for his BD. Glad the storm didn't hurt your concert!

Dawn T said...

awesome card Linda.