Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Merry Monday #257 - Decorated Tag using texture, bling and die cuts

Merry Monday everyone - it's week 3 of my Guest Designer slot and time for Sue's Challenge #257 to include a decorated tag using texture, bling, and die cuts on your Christmas card.


Oh my - what a fun challenge! I have lots of different tag dies but I combined a couple for my card. I found the perfect paper pad for the tag and background. Then I spotted a fun polar bear Silhouette image I had cut a while back - still stuck to the mat!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pop-tone Black Licorice,
Studio Calico Magical Collection 6x6, scrap of Basic Grey Juniper & BoBunny dotted
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 and 13; Hero Arts DI054 Phrase Bubbles,
My Monthly Hero Kit July 2016 (sold out) - luggage tag (cut in half), and
DI197 Tag Infinity Dies (for the tag's tab & reinforcer)
Silhouette Design ID 69566 A2 Polar Bear Card (just cut the bear with scarf)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (retired)
Embossing Folder - Darice Snowflake Swirl
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Hickory Smoke Distress Ink
Other - Michael's gems, 3M glitter washi, Copic Markers, scrap of ribbon

I had one last piece of this blue patterned paper and I embossed it for some texture - actually, it's debossed for the most part - they printed the label on the wrong side so I didn't get the normal raised effect. Since it was my last piece of this paper, I used it anyway! Glittery washi adds both texture and bling to the tag and some gems to my sentiment finish it off nicely.

Funny story - I photographed the card and uploaded it, then when I went to check the Silhouette ID for the polar bear, I realized I'd left off his front legs and scarf - oh no!! So I added them and took a new photo, sigh.... Do you ever do crazy stuff like that? Tell me, please! Here's the card with the front legs & scarf missing - have a good laugh, I actually didn't notice anything was missing until I looked in my Silhouette library!!


Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out all the inspiration from my Merry Monday teamies! Have a crafty week!!

15 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, your bear is adorable.

Rosemary said...

so fun, linda!! your bear is absolutely adorable!!

Unknown said...

Linda,
What a cute bear with the swirling snowflake background. I would never have know the image was from your Silhouette. I wish I was that good with mine.
Have a great week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a pretty tag, that bear just makes me smile!

Betty said...

darling little bear Linda - and you got all the requirements in there so well!

Marcia Hill said...

What a cute, cute card Linda and love your story about the missing legs...too funny! I probably would have done the same thing as he looks pretty good without them!! And love your embossed (or debossed!)background too...looks fabulous!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

JoAnn said...

A fun card with that cute polar bear. Never fear, you are not the only one that has done something like leaving a piece off. :)
Love the red tag.

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Linda, love all the design elements you used and your cute polar bear. I think you rocked the challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Loving all of your fun details and snuggliness of this card!!! Makes me want to hug my bear!!!

Jean said...

These are adorable - great choices with color/paper/pattern so that the polar bear takes center stage.

Dawn T said...

adorable teddy...and love your funny story. He certainly looks better with his legs and scarf

Mona Pendleton said...

Super fun card Linda! Love the winterwonderland background and that cute polar bear! So fun and festive! Thanks for the inspiration!

Greta said...

Oh how funny! It was cute to begin with, but so much better with the scarf & front legs! I actually love that the background is debossed--great card, Linda!

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous card! And that polar bear is so sweet.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Now that you point it out - he does look a little "off" without his legs LOL. Such a FUN card!