Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Wish Big

Hi all - I'm here today sharing a birthday card for my baby sister who loves elephants. She celebrated yesterday and texted me a picture of my card sitting in her kitchen window - she loved it!

Supplies:  Paper - Neenah white, yellow & brown; Pop-tone Blu-raspberry; scrap of a kraft envelope
Dies - Hero Arts June 2017 My Monthly Hero kit & DI399 Thorn Tree and Grasses Fancy Die
Stamps - Hero Arts June 2017 My Monthly Hero kit & CL674 Circles (retired)

The September 2017 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts released on Tuesday 9/4 (already sold out) and I'm hoping to play with mine (it arrived in yesterday's mail). Meanwhile, I'm way behind on using earlier kits so I put the June 2017 kit to use for this card. The kit (sold out) has an African wildlife theme and included an elephant silhouette (along with many other animal images). One of the birthday sentiments from the Circles clear set worked perfectly with my elephant scene.

When I first received the kit back in June, I did my usual process of cutting apart the dies and making a negative for popping diecuts in to stamp. With a full set of diecuts ready, it was easy to stamp an elephant. I think I had a fiber on the stamp because I ended up with an unstamped line. Of course I noticed after the stamp was cleaned and put away so I ran a Distress Marker over it. Doesn't look perfect but we'll just say my elephant has some skin issues - LOL. The kit came with a small thorn tree stamp & matching die but I used a larger die that paired with the grasses as an add-on.

That's it for today - thanks for the visit! Hope you have a crafty week!!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

beautiful card. I love elephants too.

Rosemary said...

what a fun card, linda!!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, I love the scene that you created! It sure makes a very handsome and majestic design! Love how you used the dies!

Greta said...

Oh what a great scene for your sister's card, Linda! So fun to use images that especially appeal to the recipient! I'm jealous you got the Sept kit--made up my mind too late. Actually, I really only wanted the pumpkins & it's not like I'm short on stamps or dies--haha! I'll just admire what you make!