Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Columbine Frame Birthday

Happy Tuesday everyone! I always enjoy hearing how we are enabled by our blogging friends to acquire new crafting goodies. Hope you do too but I'll try to keep it brief....

It all started with Bonnie's card using Stick Frames by Poppystamps - thanks Bonnie! Off I went to their website and ordered the die plus, of course, other goodies. Also got on the Memory Box/Poppystamps mailing list. Last weekend I received an email about an exclusive die set from Memory Box for a store in Colorado Springs CO called Simple Pleasures. The die set celebrates the store's 23rd anniversary & includes their state flower, the Colombine. To order, you simply email or call the store. They also offered an exclusive stamp set from Pink & Main with some darling animals. I couldn't resist the stamps, plus a previous year's Memory Box exclusive called Wishing You with lots of word dies. Great customer service from owner, Cathy - I had my order by Friday! Busy weekend but I finally had time yesterday to finish my card:

Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn Watercolor 6x6 pad; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Michael's purple; Paper Studio glitter; DCWV A2 card
Dies - My Favorite Things Cloud Stax (retired); 
Memory Box Columbine Frame & Wishing You (both exclusive for Simple Pleasures)
Other - Copic markers; Stickles; Papermania purple gem

I diecut the frame from green watercolor paper and backed it with blue watercolor paper and added to an A2 card. Then I cut just the flower parts of the frame from purple paper. Next I cut the second flower layer from white and added accents with Copics and yellow Stickles to evoke photos of Columbines I found on the web. I cut the sentiment from glitter cardstock - you can sorta see the shimmer in the photo. Decided the sentiment looked skimpy in all the blue space so I put some clouds underneath (edged with Copics for dimension). I'll try the hummingbird on another card - looks like a cutie!

Anyway, I had a fun play with these exclusive products. Really brought back memories of trips to visit family friends who lived in Colorado Springs. It's a ways from Minnesota but I'd love to get back there and maybe fit in a trip to Simple Pleasures!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty week!

4 comments:

Betty said...

lovely color combo with the purples and blues - that looks like a really neat die set!

Greta said...

I got that email, too--would be fun to visit that store! You've made great use of your new goodies--such a beautiful BD card, Linda!

Rosemary said...

super sweet card, linda!! the columbine frame is so pretty!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, those flowers are so pretty Linda! Love the choice of colour combo! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic