Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day - one of my favorite days of the year!! We started celebrating last Saturday with my parents and my brother & sister-in-law. I got a box of delicious chocolate covered strawberries, a pot of flowers, and red velvet cupcakes. Mom and Dad gave me some cash toward craft supplies (already spent LOL!). I'm not doing Singing Valentines as I've done in past years - took a break this time - but I'll have dinner with friends tonight. I didn't photograph all the Valentines I made but here are a few:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice & Bubblegum; 
Paper Studio red; various patterns
Silhouette Designs - ID 245242 Love You Heart Card & ID 37852 11 Hearts
Stamps - CL141 Fanciful Swirl (alphabet used for the MORE - retired but I've seen it at Michael's)
Die - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (stitched rectangle); 
Hero Arts DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies;
scrolly heart from the January 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out)
Impression Obsession DIE-271 Love
Other - foam tape; Hobby Lobby puffy heart stickers; embossing ink & white powder; doily from Target

I really had fun with the Silhouette file Love You Heart Card which included the scalloped mat. And here's the card I sent to my friend Lynn who shares my birthday:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Bubblegum; 
Paper Studio red; various patterns
Silhouette Design ID 245242 Love You Heart Card & 28561 Speech Bubbles
Stamps - Hero Arts CL402 Valentine Sayings (retired) & CL661 It's Your Day
Dies - Hero Arts DI337 Nesting Oval Infinity Dies and 
ampersand from the January 2018 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out)
Other - Foam tape; Copic markers (to highlight the ampersand)

Finally, here are some Valentines I donated to Cards for Hospitalized Kids. They like to receive the cards at least two weeks before a given holiday so I popped them in the mail back in January. They also accept general cards with messages like "You Rock" or "You are Awesome" but not "Get Well", etc. relating to health because some kids won't get better.


This year I only sent 10 girly Valentines; I didn't manage to get any boy ones done. Oh well, I hope to get more cards donated throughout the year. I used supplies by EK Success that I saved from the Disney Princess cards made last year. Most of the patterned papers and doilies were from the Target $ bin. 

Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

4 comments:

Greta said...

I thought of you today & hoped you were enjoying your BD. Sounds like you did! Beautiful, classic Valentine cards & the ones for the kids are so sweet!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Linda I am sure you had a fabulous day. You have been busy with your cardmaking lots of lovely creations here.

Rosemary said...

your valentines are fabulous, linda!! the ones you sent for the kids are so sweet!! sounds like you had a lovely day!!

Jean said...

You've been busy! These are fabulous.