Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Twofer Card Challenge #4 - Pets

Hi all - I'm playing along fairly late in the game with the latest Twofer Card Challenge - # 4 already! This time we get to use pets on our cards. I enjoy the Twofer challenge for many reasons, especially getting cards made for two different occasions! This time I went with thanks and graduation.



Since age 5 I have been a cat person - yes, a crazy cat lady!! So, I just had to use kitties on my cards. Thought I'd show some love to Tim Holtz Crazy Cats which I bought ages ago but have never used. The TH Crazy Things set has a bunch of coordinating hats and icons set (another NBUS) so I could cover both occasions easily! I need a thank you card for a gift I rec'd this weekend from my roommate at our Regional Sweet Adelines convention. I also need graduation for two cousins - I think the girl cousin will get the cat one. 

Supplies - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Bouquet (dark purple);
Basic Grey Kelly Purkey Second City; Bazzill lavender
Stamps - Tim Holtz Crazy Cats & Crazy Things
Hero Arts CL663 Thanks a Bunch (retired)
Dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Crazy Cats & Crazy Things;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Other - Copics; foam tape

Supplies - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black;
Two-sided Grad patterned paper by unknown; scrap of orange
Stamps - Tim Holtz Crazy Cats & Crazy Things; Raisin Boat Drinks Anyone?
Dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Crazy Cats & Crazy Things;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired); 
Other - Copics; foam tape

I had two orange cats like the one on the grad card but they passed away about 10 years ago. I'd had them for nearly 19 years and was too sad to get any more. Instead I kitty sit for my brother's cat Misty who I mention every now and then on my blog. She's such a sweetie and grey like the City Cat. I enlarged the black dot eyes on the stamped image and put some color around them. I turned the mouth on the City Cat into a little smile to fit the theme better.

You have until the 24th to enter a pair of cards and I hope you'll check out this fabulous challenge. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll visit tomorrow when I'll be sharing another Merry Monday Christmas Challenge card!!

3 comments:

Happy Dance said...

I've always loved kitties, too. Our last two had to go to a no-kill shelter after DH started having joint replacement surgeries. I find myself wondering who they're entertaining now... You've got a couple of fun kitty cards for our Twofer Challenge this month. How clever to dress one up for graduation! And she's holding a diploma, too! Such a sweet bouquet for your 'thanks' card, and the smile you've created is just right! Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Darnell said...

Thank you for the kind shoutout and enthusiasm, Linda! I love how you altered your karazy cats to better fit your themes! Your designs are fantastic and the pp you used and accessories are so perfect! Great job using your NBUS, too!! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

These are so cute, Linda! Love how different they are even though it's the same kitty!